Saturday, July 26, 2008

Friends Forever!

Happy Saturday! Hope this finds your weekend going great - lots of relaxing and maybe even some creating. We started the day off with a parade down Main Street - it was a blast! It was almost 1-1/2 hours long and there was everything from fire trucks to tractors to covered wagons, stage coaches, dancing girls (little ones!), and even Indians all decked out in their war paint complete with painted horses! We all had a great time and the kids came home with tons of candy that was being thrown in every direction. It was already warming up at 10:00 a.m. and there were a couple of floats where they were shooting and throwing water, much to the kids' delight! After that, I came home and got busy in my scrap room - yaa hoo!!!! I was able to make 3 cards and even work on one I didn't care too much for to re-make it. I got the idea for the card above from www.pagemaps.com and it was so simple, I thought it really could be cute using some of my scraps. So...this is made from paper I've had for a couple of years and absolutely love. Isn't it just the cutest? I really feel so much better when I'm able to create and I know my family doesn't understand that, but when mommy's in a good mood after having made a card or s-book page, all is well on the home front, agree?? Hey - have a wonderful weekend! See you soon. Hugs - Brenda

3 comments:

Kristii said...

Love, love, love your card!!! Your work is awesome! Sounds like you had a great day1!!

Angie Tieman said...

LOVE this super tall card! The paper is fabulous, and I love your tag detail! The parade sounds like great fun, reminds me of when I was growing up in my small town, good times!

Kristii said...

Hi again Brenda! I was checkin out your blog and realized you lived in Wyoming. I lived in Casper, Laramie and Gillette many moons ago. Now I live in SW Montana which isn't too far away!