Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Key 2 My Heart

OK...is it just me, or is this summer flying by at warp speed? I guess maybe b/c my kiddos are STILL gone, it seems to be going faster. I suppose if they were here, it would seem long and drawn out, what with them more than likely bored and whiney :) We are going to Colorado to pick them up from the g-parents and then bring them back home. We are thoroughly excited to see them and I can tell by the tone in their voices they're ready to come home! We are so ready to have them... On a different note, don't ya just love this picture (and this page)? The heart is one of my favorite parts, although it started out not to be that way. It was a plain white chipboard heart that I painted gray and then gave it a distressed look with white streaks. Hmmm...still not diggin it, so I sanded it and still...needed something else. So, not sure if you can tell, but I applied glue all over it and then rubbed clear, shiny beads on top of it which gives it the "bling" it needed. Voila - I LIKE IT! Hope your week is going well. I'll try to post another time before the weekend hits. Enjoy... and hope you're finding time to be creative! Brenda

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I love your heart! Great technique! Be careful on your trip to get the kiddos!