Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Laugh Out Loud

So...are all the kids back in school? Ours started yesterday and they're lovin' it. They're all at different schools, but mainly on the same side of town, so when we do have to drop off/pick up, they're pretty close together. Our eldest is in middle school now (6th grade) and my husband and I were saying how much like high school it is. The school is very nice and each grade (6th, 7th, and 8th) have their own hall and gathering area, so there's not too much interaction between the older and younger kids. She's got 7 periods, so they're keeping her very busy and she seems to really enjoy her teachers so far. Check back with me in a month or two...
Fall seems to be right around the corner here, with cooler temps in the mornings and cooler overnights. Sigh...I'm not quite ready for that, as our spring/summer was slow in getting here. The flowers and plants we put in are beginning to look like summer is winding down, so I guess it's time to prepare for the colder months ahead.
On a different note, what d'ya think about this card. The only thing that's stamped is the greeting - the rest is paper cutting just done freehand with some scraps left over from previous scrappin' projects. I then took a pen and outlined around the whole thing. I got the idea from Paper Crafts magazine and changed it up a bit to suit my taste. I think it turned out really cute.
Hope your week is going smoothly and if you have kids, they are settling into a routine again. Have a wonderful Tuesday - see ya soon! Brenda

3 comments:

Jana said...

What a cute card!!!

Melissa said...

Oh that is a sweet card! You did such a good job on it. Might just have to lift it! LOL Love you

Jena said...

Love the fun shapes and lines on this card! I hope your kids are still enjoying school - mine sure are, and now they've started dance again.

I hope you have a great week and stay warm ;-)