Thursday, October 23, 2008

An Altered Project

It is such a beautiful day today! The sun is shining and it's cool, like a fall day should be. I just got back from walking along our canal road and it was gorgeous! The smell this time of year is so wonderful - clean, smells a little like wet leaves and fallish - hard to explain, but so much nicer than hot, dusty, dry air! The grasshoppers seem to have died off a bit as well, so much more pleasant than them jumping all over my legs when I'm trying to walk or run.
Isn't this the cutest clothes pin? I did this for a Mosy Scrapper challenge and love the way it turned out. It's about 12" tall. I started out by painting with brown acrylic paint and distressing it a bit with black to make it look aged. Then I covered the front with October Afternoon papers and some other assorted accessories. I've got it sitting on my bookcase with a picture of our family from last fall. I love it - it makes me happy!
Hope your day is enjoyable and that fall is beautiful in your part of the world! Hugs - Brenda

2 comments:

Brandi said...

Super Cute Brenda! I love it.

Melissa said...

OMG this is adorable! LOVE IT! Just might have to scrap lift it from ya!