Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Is it already Friday?

Wow - how time flies! We just got back Wednesday evening from Texas. Seems like a whirlwind trip (and it was!). My husband and I both had to take yesterday off to regroup and refresh ourselves after 14-1/2 hours on the road. We had a great time with family and friends! My husband's brother got married to a wonderful lady and their wedding was beautiful! My bro-in-law wore a kilt (yes a kilt!) and all the proper Scottish attire and I have to say he looked rather dapper all decked out. The guys wore varying shades of jewel tones in their vests and ties and the ladies wore black. Our girls wore gorgeous dresses of burgandy as they were the flower girls and my son wore a tux resplendant with hunter green vest and tie. They were all gorgeous!!
When we got to Texas, it was 89 degrees, sunny and beautiful. I started to worry b/c I hadn't packed any summery type clothes, but then the day of the wedding and thereon out, it rained and was miserably chilly. Yuck! Anyway, no worries about clothes (except maybe nothing warm enough!).
In honor of Dan and Nan, here's the card I created for them. Isn't it lovely? I think it's one of the best I've ever done and I just love it. The butterflies and flowers are all stickers and the rest was very simple, yet elegant. I cut the "flower-shaped" piece of paper, as well as the round piece of white on my Cricut Expression (love that thing!).
Hope your weekend goes well. The snow is melting around here (yes - snow! It snowed 8 inches while we were gone!) and the sun is shining. Maybe now we can have some more fall?? Take care - see you soon! Brenda

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Brenda!! This card is absolutely to die for!! You make such beautiful cards!! Seriouisly, I want this card!

I am glad you made it back to Amarillo, even if I missed ya! I knwo you miss being here....glad you were safe!

Love ya girl!

Jena said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS! Love all the detail and dimension - you rock, TFS!

ham4Him said...

Wow. They will love it!

Lynn said...

Wow, this is gorgeous!

Marie Levite said...

What a beautiful card!!

Kristii said...

What a gorgeous card!!! I love it!! Glad you had a great time in Texas and that you made it back safely!!