Friday, January 9, 2009

Missing You

Wow - Friday already! Can you believe we've whizzed through another week? It's already the second week of January and there's no end in sight for the whirlwind. The first week back in school was pretty uneventful, but it did afford me some time to get a couple cards made. This little beauty is created using an example from the CTMH "Originals" book. There are some beautiful creations in that book - you should check it out. If you don't know how to get your hands on it, just drop me a comment and I can hook you up :) Anyway, the card I patterned this after was stitched around the edges, and since my little sewing machine isn't working right, I scored around the edges. One of the things I love most about CTMH papers is the fact they have a white core, so after I made my score lines, I sanded with a bit of sandpaper and voila - the white outline. The rest is pretty straightforward - layered papers and ribbon with a tiny paper flower in the center, along with red brads. I love it. Simple, yet still so many fun elements. Hope you enjoy your weekend - I'll be trying to get creative some more and maybe even get another post on here before the weekend is up. See you soon - Bren

2 comments:

Jena said...

Oh, lovin all your recent creations! I hope you had a great holiday break - we need to catch up sometime, and I still need to get that card kit to you - even though it's now past the season for you to be using it - sorry ;-P Take care!

Kristii said...

Love the colors and sanding on your cute card!! I love it!! It was good to hear from you!! I have got to check in more often!! YOur blog is fantastic!